Scope of Role
Our client, a leading Technology Managed Services firm is seeking a Warehouse Manager for its Mid-Hudson Valley, New York State location. This role involves management of the company's inventory system onsite: inventory management, supply chain, logistics, managing metrics, analyzing and implementing continuous process improvements and identifying opportunities to drive top- and bottom-line revenue.
PRESENCE ONSITE IS REQUIRED.
This role will be in based in the Mid-Hudson Valley in New York State. Regular in-office presence, local and regional travel to client and network sites is required.
This is an onsite role involving management of the company's warehouse in Kingston, NY
This is not a virtual EFH role. If you cannot fulfill this requirement, we encourage you to apply to our other openings.
- Maintain vendor relationships that provide high quality products and services with the most cost-effective prices as well as code of conducts and business ethics.
- Plan and execute activities in relation to warehouse and procurement functions.
- Supervise and manage the flow of traffic and work in the company warehouse.
- Prepare instructions for procurement procedures and protocols.
- Systemize vendor quotations to ensure the quality, cost, delivery and service in the procurement process.
- Review and handle all issues regarding purchase orders and change notices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals and other vendor agreements with regard to legal procedures, quality with cost effectiveness and acceptability of products or services.
- Assign procurement procedures and request to appropriate personnel.
- Inventory all company products, material, equipment and supplies within the warehouse.
- Maintain a balance sheet in cross referencing invoices to inventory.
- Compile inventories to office records and maintain purchase records; filing receipts and invoices and the disbursement of material, equipment, supplies and inventory balance.
- Prepare lists of depleted, defective, disposable items.
Major upcoming project:
- Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) software migration and upgrade.
- Participate in the vendor selection, contract negotiation, migration, implementation, optimization and user training for the new WMS software.
- Create, document and enforce new procedures, workflows, documentation and templates to realize efficiencies and savings.
- Create reporting tools such as dashboards, KPIs, and reports to keep internal and external stakeholders informed on company performance metrics and progress towards operational and financial goals.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
5 years of warehouse, inventory and purchasing experience.
- Must have deep experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), including developing processes, documentation, and reporting as well as the selection, implementation and optimization of a new WMS software vendor.
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen.
- Strong service and internal customer orientation. Must be a Team Player.
- Ability to interpret legal and technical documents; such as operation, maintenance, procedures, protocols.
- Strong quantitative skills, for calculating estimates, financial reporting and planning.
- Ability to deal with problems involving known and unknown variables in a standardized situation.
- Excellent oral, written and presentational communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel as well as warehouse/inventory/purchasing management systems.