Warehouse Manager - BROOKLYN, NY
A leading Technology Managed Services firm is seeking a Warehouse Inventory Manager for its BROOKLYN, NY location. This role involves management of the company's inventory system onsite: inventory management, supply chain, logistics, managing metrics, analyzing and implementing continuous process improvements and identifying opportunities to drive top- and bottom-line revenue
This role requires experience in managing a busy warehouse and supply chain operation, including managing staff, vendors, systems, process and documentation.
Prior experience in Telecommunications, CCTV, Networks, or other IT sector service providers is strongly recommended.
This is an onsite role involving management of the company's warehouse in Brooklyn, NY.
5 day per week PRESENCE ONSITE IS REQUIRED.
If you cannot satisfy this non-negotiable requirement due to your location, please apply to one of our other jobs.
- Maintain vendor relationships that provide high quality products and services with the most cost-effective prices as well as code of conducts and business ethics.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the warehouse; schedules and organizes staff to ensure proper staffing of all shifts.
- Prepare instructions for procurement procedures and protocols.
- Systemize vendor quotations to ensure the quality, cost, delivery and service in the procurement process.
- Review and handle all issues regarding purchase orders and change notices in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Prepare and review contracts, bids, proposals and other vendor agreements with regard to legal procedures, quality with cost effectiveness and acceptability of products or services.
- Maintain a balance sheet in cross referencing invoices to inventory.
- Compile inventories to office records and maintain purchase records; filing receipts and invoices and the disbursement of material, equipment, supplies and inventory balance.
- Create reporting tools such as dashboards, KPIs, and reports to keep internal and external stakeholders informed on company performance metrics and progress towards operational and financial goals.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
5+ years of warehouse, inventory and purchasing experience required
- Must have experience in Warehouse Management Systems (WMS), including developing processes, documentation, and reporting as well as the selection, implementation and optimization of a new WMS software vendor.
- Strong negotiation skills and business acumen.
- Strong service and internal customer orientation. Must be a Team Player.
- Ability to interpret legal and technical documents; such as operation, maintenance, procedures, protocols.
- Strong quantitative skills, for calculating estimates, financial reporting and planning.
- Ability to deal with problems involving known and unknown variables in a standardized situation.
- Excellent oral, written and presentational communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel as well as warehouse/inventory/purchasing management systems.