VP Sales - Americas
Our client, a leading provider of audiovisual and videoconferencing products for the enterprise, service provider and SMB markets, is seeking a Vice President Sales - Americas to build and optimize its field-direct, channel and distribution sales organizations.
This firm has a fully-virtual sales, channel sales and account management organization, so this role can be virtually-based within one hour of a Major US Metro airport.
Travel will be 25-40%.
This is an executive level management position, responsible for all aspects of revenue generation, including customer acquisition, account management; channel recruitment, training and management; hiring, motivation, management and firing of sales representative; liaison with internal departments, and outside vendors to ensure customer satisfaction.
- 12-15+ years of Sales Management experience
- 10-15+ years of consistent sales success working with a technology vendor (hardware or software) in the one or several of the following areas: Audiovisual, VoIP, SIP, Unified Communications, Videoconferencing and Collaboration.
- Extensive experience in the recruitment, training, management, motivation of skilled Account Executives, Channel Account Managers, Sales Engineers and Sales Support teams.
- Previous selling experience should include a focus on the full range of prospecting, selling and closing.
- Experience building and managing a channel sales program.
- Experience building and managing a distribution sales program.
- Must have the ability to prospect, sell and close at multiple levels.
- Must have extensive knowledge of the telecommunications industry and define and execute sales strategies and communicate clearly and concisely through professional presentations.
- The VP Sales - Americas will be responsible for managing the sales cycle (account planning, sales execution, pipeline/funnel management) and forecast accurately.
- Strong Data skills. Must manage metrics, KPIs, CRM and dashboards effectively.
- This position requires strong Account Management and client interface and presentation skills.
- In depth understanding of client business drivers, strategy and buying cycles.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 10+ years of experience direct selling into the enterprise, as well as managing a channel partner ecosystem in the AV/IT market.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- MBA degree preferred.
- Strong experience in sales management and sales training, preferably one or more of the following: Miller-Heiman, Solutions Selling, Targeted Account Selling (TAS)
- Strong quantitative skills, required for accurate sales pipeline/ sales funnel management, as well as financial reporting to management and internal departments.