VP, Field Operations, Telecommunications
Our client, a leading provider of Telecommunications Services, is seeking a VP, Field Operations, to build, manage and optimize its Hudson Valley, NY-based deployment, operations and customer onboarding teams.
This is senior management-level role, reporting to C-level leadership.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
Scope of Role
- The VP, Field Operations will provide managerial and technical leadership, day-to-day operations oversight and management of all operational aspects of Network Operations, Regional Operations, Service Delivery and Administrative staff.
- The VP, Field Operations will oversee network operations, service delivery and implementations. This includes fault-tracking, managing and resolving reports identified in the process.
- The goal of the VP, Field Operations will be for maximum operational performance, and functional efficiencies, as defined by KPIs relating to MTTR, time-to-delivery, Customer Satisfaction, Customer retention and ARPU.
- Organizes and directs all aspects of the company’s field operations team and infrastructure.
- Creates and implements policies and operations procedures that ensure profitable operations
- Sets and implements technical and operating performance standards and reporting that meet or exceed statutory and regulatory requirements and company/industry standards, including developing and managing specific internal and external Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Effectively manage business unit financial results including detailed reporting and the preparation of an annual budget.
- Responsible for forecasting installation and service capacity, and planning for future needs.
- Effectively balances employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction and financial/company performance
- Exhibit a hands-on, detailed oriented, management/leadership approach
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience preferred.
- 7-10+ years of Network Operations Management experience with a Telecoms Carrier (Network Services Provider, Telco, CLEC, ILEC, ISP) or with a Network Equipment vendor servicing the Network Services Provider sector.
- Strong technical and operational background in Carrier Network operations, including transport technologies such as Optical and Copper Transport, Cloud, Virtualization, Collocation, hosted applications (SaaS), circuit switching, soft switches (gateways, etc.)
- 3-5+ years of experience in SVP, Operations/COO-level experience with a strong track record of building high-performing teams in rapid-growth companies in the Telecoms, Cloud Infrastructure or Data Center sectors. This is NOT an END-USER role.
- Strong accountability ethic. Must “lead from the front”, communicate high expectations, coach and develop high performance individuals and teams, enhance and encourage collaboration, recognize outstanding improvement and performance and creativity.
- Strong metrics focus: Create, monitor and optimize “manage what you measure” company culture. Responsible for driving all operational KPIs, metrics, dashboards, reporting tools.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in company- or department-level strategic planning.