Technical Support Engineer – Security Operations Center
Our client, a leading provider of network security and cloud security solutions is hiring a Technical Support Engineer for their Security Operations Center. This person will be directly responsible for fast-paced security support and customer satisfaction. Strong technical knowledge is essential, as well as extensive experience working on large engagements, professional services, complex technical support, tier 3 security fixes, and similar customer-facing duties. The ideal candidate with be a security expert on early detection and advanced mitigation.
5 days per week presence in the firm's Northern NJ Security Operations Center mandatory.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor's degree or higher in IT related area of study preferred, equivalent experience acceptable.
- Expert level knowledge on network, cloud and application security technology.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting complex network issues.
- Experience in network security products such as: firewalls, VPN, SSL, network access control (NAC), intrusion detection or intrusion prevention systems (IDS/IPS), web proxies, UTM, anti-virus, anti-malware devices.
- Knowledgeable with IPSEC, VLAN, VPN, ACL, OSPF, VCS, TCP/IP, HSRP, VTP, STP, RIP, GRE, VTP.
- Networking skills: Layer 2/3 Switching, Layer 4-7.
- Experience in providing support for remote access solutions, network services (DNS, DHCP, HTTP(S)), and web proxies.
- Ability to diagnose, troubleshoot and remediate complex technical issues while maintaining customer satisfaction.