Sales Engineer - NY-NJ Region - Virtual
Archiving, E-Discovery, Forensics Software, virtual office
Our client, a leading provider of Archiving, E-Discovery, Forensics Software is seeking a Pre-Sales Engineer for its Eastern US territory. This position is key for the support of the sales and customer acceptance of the products, at the firm's strategic financial services customers, including the largest money center banks located in the NY-NJ metro area OR in North Carolina.
The candidate will provide customers, partner companies and our own sales organization with pre-sales technical assistance, installation and technical support. The candidate will have a strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of industry trends, products and solutions. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer. This position requires up to 30% regional travel. It is a virtual office position and candidates can be located within one hour of a major metro airport in the territory (NY, NJ, CT, NC or similar)
This situation requires a High-Performance, Low-Maintenance employee with high integrity, motivation and accountability.
- Present the firm’s value proposition to customers and partners.
- Understand the customer's high-level business challenges and match our client’s solutions to solve these business and technical requirements.
- Build long-term business relationships and become a trusted advisor within the territory.
- Define and implement a solution oriented technical go-to-market strategy for each opportunity.
- Identify new customer projects for the firm’s solutions.
- Present vision, strategy and products to executives and technical prospects.
- Respond to sales requests for technical assistance
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Facilitate the installation of products at customer sites, as needed
- Develop and execute product demonstrations for potential customers.
- Responsible for customer-facing product deployments - both pre-sales (i.e. trials) and paid post sales engagements.
- Assist in the technical evaluations.
- Assist sales in the preparation, content and presentation of technical material to the customer.
- Assist the technical support organization and act as a backup as needed
- Provide consulting and architecture services to customers.
- Provide reporting of customer activities as well as general status and activities
- Provide remote and on-site support for product installations at proof of concepts
- Developing and delivering of product demonstrations, working with both marketing and product management teams.
- Handling technical presentations at trade shows and conferences.
- Identifying client requirements and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Conveying customer feedback and requirements to Product Management and Marketing teams.
Education, Experience & Skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years technical pre-sales experience.
- Ability to collaborate with and motivate multiple customer groups toward accomplishing a task.
- Proven Solution Selling track record.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills.
- Ability to see and present "the big picture" and offer solutions to make it better.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- Ability to travel 30% as necessary.
Required Technical Skills
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following
- Preferred: UNIX, Linux or Windows Server operating systems.
- Preferred: Experience one or more of the following: Compliance (GRC, RSA Archer) https://app.hubspot.com/meetings/dan315(e.g. Symantec Enterprise Vault, HP Autonomy, EMC SourceOne and similar), eDiscovery and Forensics (e.g. Guidance software EnCase)
- Preferred: Some experience with collaboration/ communications systems such as Microsoft SharePoint or IBM Connections.
- Preferred: Knowledge of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) regulations, practices and supporting technologies such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA/HITECH.
- Helpful: Storage systems: SAN, NAS, DAS, SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, Cloud Storage.
- Helpful: Databases (Oracle, DB2 or SQL server)
- Helpful: Security (Unified Threat Management with URL and content filtering, AV, Anti-Malware, firewalls, proxy servers etc.) Knowledge of Access Control, NAC, encryption, PKI, digital certificates helpful.
- Helpful: Knowledge of compliance and archiving of communication, collaboration and social media platforms.
- Exceptional customer presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry products, trends and practices