Sales Engineer - Mobile Apps Tools - SF Bay region
Our client, a leading provider of Mobile Applications Development solutions, is seeking a Sales Engineer for San Francisco Bay Area Regional Sales team. This is primarily a virtual office role, with expectations of travel to customer and partner sites for meetings. The sales team will meet in a SF Bay area office periodically.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for technical pre-sales support. and will assist the inside sales and Enterprise sales teams to meet revenue goals by helping to qualify accounts, answer RFP/RFI's, preparing and delivering solution-based product presentations, attending trade shows, and leading proof of concepts which meet client's business requirements. The Sales Engineer is also responsible for handling technical questions or issues which arise during a sales cycle and setting appropriate customer expectations.
- Provide Pre-Sales support through working closely with regional sales, technical solutions engineers and professional services teams.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements, and assisting in identifying opportunities for up-sell and cross-sell.
- Work with Product Development and Lab Technical team to enable competitive Proofs-of-Concept (POCs) and prospect technical product evaluations.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (e.g.: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Be technically adept and professional with excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm's 'best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience.
- 3-5+ Years of experience in Customer-facing role (post- or pre-sales) such as Technical Support, Product Support, Internal IT or training. Candidates with prior sales engineering, solutions architecture, sales support are encouraged to apply.
- If you have worked as a post-sales, customer-facing Technical resource OTHER than Sales Engineering and want to break into Pre-Sales work, this firm has an open mind!
Knowledge of several (not ALL!) of the following technical domains:
- Strong Technical understanding of SaaS-based applications and infrastructure:
- Mobile Development for iOS or Android
- APIs: REST preferred, JSON, SOAP helpful
- Linux, Unix, Windows OS experience preferred at the Command Line or Command Prompts level.