Sales Engineer - LED Digital Displays - US, virtual
Our client, a leading global provider of Digital Signage for business applications, is seeking a Sales Engineer for its US Sales region.
The Sales Engineer will support the sales and delivery of high end video solutions such Digital Display, Digital Signage, DOOH, and Streaming video.
This role is a virtual office role, located anywhere with one hour of a major airport.
Travel up to 70% is required.
- Assist Sales Account Managers and Sales Management to achieve revenue goals.
- Conduct site surveys, gather business requirements, and meet with prospect technical and business unit management to discover goals and problems.
- Work with Account Managers on technical aspect of software, hardware, integration and managed services sales opportunities.
- Design, demonstrate, price and present solutions to prospects.
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Identify and assist with technical issues and requirements that customers may need
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- 3-5+ years in a Technical Sales role (Pre-Sales Engineer, Solutions Architect), preferably supporting the sales of Digital Display, Digital Signage, video display or streaming video products. This can be with a technology vendor or a reseller partner such as a VAR, Systems Integrator or Consulting firm.
- The Sales Engineer should have strong command for solutions design, channel partner management and presentation purposes of the many of following Technical domains:
- Projection Systems
- LED Displays
- Video Walls
- Lighting Levels and management for indoor and outdoor signage solutions.
- Low Voltage Power and other MEP areas.
- Structured Cabling
- Advertising Networks
- Demonstrate technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
- Excellent people skills, high ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 5+ years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
- InfoComm CTS or CTS-D certifications helpful, not required.