Sales Engineer – Data Center Solutions - NY-NJ-CT Region - Virtual
Our client, a leading provider of Cybersecurity, Networking and Data Center Solutions is seeking a Sales Engineer – Data Center Solutions for its Eastern US territory. This position is key for the support of the sales and customer acceptance of the products, at the firm's strategic customers.
The candidate will provide customers, partner companies and our own sales organization with pre-sales technical assistance, installation and technical support. The candidate will have a strong technical background, in-depth knowledge of industry trends, products and solutions. The candidate will also have organizational and professional skills to deliver the highest level of response to the customer. This position requires up to 30% regional travel. It is a virtual office position and candidates can be located within one hour of a major metro airport in the territory (NY, NJ, CT) Occasional meetings in NY-NJ Sales offices and at client sites are required for success.
This situation requires a High-Performance, Low-Maintenance employee with high integrity, motivation and accountability.
- Present the firm’s value proposition to customers and partners.
- Understand the customer's high-level business challenges and match our client’s solutions to solve these business and technical requirements.
- Define and implement a solution oriented technical go-to-market strategy for each opportunity.
- Respond to sales requests for technical assistance
- Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Develop and execute product demonstrations for potential customers.
- Assist in the technical evaluations and POCs.
- Assist sales in the preparation, content and presentation of technical material to the customer.
- Provide consulting and architecture services to customers.
- Identifying client requirements and ensuring proactive communications with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
Education, Experience & Skills requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 5-7+ years technical pre-sales experience.
- Strong listening and question based selling skills.
- Strong customer facing and relationship building skills.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to uncover business challenges and develop a custom solution to solve those challenges.
- Ability to travel 30% as necessary.
Required Technical Skills
- Demonstrated experience in several of the following
- Preferred: Experience in Data Center technologies: storage, infrastructure, networking and cloud.
- Preferred: Experience in various industry-leading Data Center technologies vendors, such as Dell EMC, NetApp, HPE, cisco, Nutanix, Pure Storage, Quantum.
- Preferred: Knowledge of virtualization and hyperconverged infrastructure. vmWare, Rubrik, Cohesity, veeam,
- Preferred: Knowledge of cloud infrastructure ecosystems: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Helpful: Knowledge of GRC (Governance, Risk and Compliance) regulations, practices and supporting HIPAA/HITECH, GLB, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Helpful: industry certifications related to storage, data centers, networking.
- Helpful: Knowledge of compliance and archiving of communication, collaboration and social media platforms.
- Exceptional customer presentation skills
- Knowledge of industry products, trends and practices.