Sales Engineer – Cybersecurity, Detroit, MI
Our client, a leading developer of applications security solutions is seeking a Sales Engineer for its Detroit, MI sales region, focused on the automotive vertical, including Tier1 OEMs, and their suppliers.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for technical pre-sales support. and will assist the sales team to obtain revenue goals by helping to qualify accounts, answer RFP/RFI's, preparing and delivering solution based product presentations and leading proof of concepts (POCs) which meet client's business requirements. The Sales Engineer is also responsible for handling technical questions or issues which arise during a sales cycle and setting appropriate customer expectations.
Candidates should be within one hour of the Metro Detroit region.
- Provide Pre-Sales support through working closely with regional sales, technical solutions engineers and professional services teams.
- Work with the sales team introducing solutions and services, customizing solutions for clients’ business and IT requirements.
- Providing technical solutions regarding the firm’s security products and services as well as provide customer training.
- Collect feedback and identify technical improvements.
- Developing technical documents and proposals (e.g.: RFP, RFI, RFQ, BOMs, quotes, etc.)
- Become the point of contact and answer all technical questions regarding proposal, installations, configurations, products and services.
- Develop and/or present in front of technical, non-technical, and executive audiences.
- Work with engineers to provide technical solutions to customers.
- Provide expert consultation to the customer in the firm's 'best practices', processes technologies and techniques gleaned from industry exposure.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ Years of experience in sales support or post-sales customer-facing role supporting Cybersecurity, Network Security or Applications security products or services.
- 5+ years of supporting sales in the automotive vertical, including Tier1 OEMs, and their suppliers.
- Familiarity with Statements of Work (SOWs), Bills of Materials (BOMs) and RFP/RFI/RFQs.
Knowledge of several (not ALL!) of the following technical domains:
- Applications, Web and/or network security, or similar solutions.
- Data Integrations, Data Flows, Networking,
- REST API experience helpful
- Understanding of basic technical terms such as TCU, NAD, SIM, H/U, CAN, AGL etc.