Sales Engineer, Network Services - Virtual Office USA
Our client, a Telecommunications Service Provider, is seeking a Sales Engineer to assist in Pre-Sales and Technical Account Management activity for its enterprise, commercial and government prospects and clients with headquarters or significant operations in the territory. This is a virtual office position and candidates can be located anywhere in the US within a one-hour commute of a major metro airport
This role requires regular travel to client and sales office locations in the territory, as well as industry events.
- The Sales Engineer (SE) acts as the subject matter expert regarding all of the firm’s network services and hosted applications products, such as MPLS, SD-WAN, UC, UCaaS, VTC, SaaS, VoIP, CCaaS, IaaS and similar services.
- The SE leads all technical aspects of the sales process, supporting Account Manager in site surveys, technical discovery and qualification meetings for prospective customers and is responsible for educating prospective customers on the firm’s service offerings which include evaluations, presentations and proposals to take place on conference calls and/or site visits.
- The SE helps to formulate, define and execute sales strategy with the account team, understanding customer business and technical drivers.
- The SE is responsible to build and maintain relationships with prospects and existing customers.
- The SE may be required to actively participate in post-sales activities such as customer network planning, customer training and continually update customers on new service offerings and pricing.
- The SE will design and engineer solutions based on customer requirements, provide a design document or diagram as necessary and present solutions to the prospect or customer.
- The SE will participate with the account team to obtain customer contract acceptance and ensures final documentation of the proposed solution is complete and delivered to the service delivery department.
- The SE is additionally responsible for developing and presenting technical sales training for the account teams.
- The SE will work closely with internal departments such as Network Architecture, Network Engineering, Product Management and Product Development teams to develop future product direction and strategy by providing input based on customer discussions.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related field of study, or alternatively in business.
6+ years of sales engineering experience providing customer presentations, designs and pricing.
- Strong preference for Sales Engineer or Technical Account Management people from Network Service Provider, such as CLEC, ISP, Managed Services Providers, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of LAN/WAN network technologies such as: SD-WAN, MPLS, VPN, DWDM, Cloud Infrastructure, Data Center, Metro Ethernet, ATM, VPLS, VoIP, SIP services and collocation.
- Experience with one or more of the following helpful: VeloCloud SD-WAN, Meraki, SD-WAN, Fortinet, Cisco, or other SD-WAN vendors.
- Detailed knowledge of managed services and hosted applications offerings such as UC, UCaaS, VTC, SaaS, VoIP, CCaaS, IaaS and similar services.
- Team player with company and project-oriented initiative
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive with prospects, clients and colleagues
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills appropriate for both
- Excellent time management skills to allocate resources across multiple projects
- Familiarity with MS Visio, Powerpoint, Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong individual contributor requiring minimal direct supervision: High Performance, Low Maintenance type of employee
- Fundamental knowledge of voice, video and other data types, application and network security awareness, switching and routing best practices and collocation
- Must be willing to travel approximately 10-15%