Regional Sales Executive - Higher Education, NY-NJ-PA
Our client is an industry-leading provider of Data Center, Collocation and Managed Hosting Services to global multinational enterprise, commercial enterprise and service providers.
This is a virtual office position based on the metro New York-New Jersey-Philadelphia region.
This position is responsible for the sales and account management of Data Center, Collocation, Managed Hosting and Managed IT Services, specifically selling to large and mid-sized Public and Private colleges and universities in the region. Responsible for all sales/account management activities for assigned customers. This includes pre and post-sales activities and day-to-day sales account management.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for prospecting, lead generation, and creating high-quality and predictable sales pipeline.
- Conducts proactive sales activities, including proactive needs assessment, applications development, proposal presentation, deal negotiation and closure, as well as post-sales service requirements.
- Close sales with new and existing customers. Drive revenue through strategic partnerships.
- Work with prospects and current clients to define customer needs, proposal preparation and presentation and closing the sale. Build and leverage strong customer and partner relationships, and grow revenue.
- Manages accounts on an on-going basis.
- Expand the market awareness of our client through sales activities, industry events, marketing campaigns, involvement in trade and commercial organizations.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Telecommunications preferred.
- 5-7+ years’ experience in sales of Data Center, Collocation, Managed Hosting and Managed IT Services to the Higher Education vertical in the sales region.
- Experience in customer needs assessment, sales opportunity development, account profiling, and long-range account strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiation and executive selling skills.