Project Manager - Telecoms & IoT - Dallas
Our client, a leading provider of Telecommunications Services, is seeking a Project Manager for its New Product Introduction team, located in its suburban Dallas office. This is NOT a remote or virtual office position. Regular in-office presence required, with significant customer face-time.
NO relocation offered
NO sponsorship offered
NO remote or virtual office.
- Participate as Project Manager in a Network Service Provider (Telco/Carrier) New Product Introduction group, focusing on Mobility, M2M, and IoT Services
- Responsible for attainment of all targets: on-time, on-budget delivery of customer projects.
- Manage projects, kickoff meetings, customer conference calls, resources (contractors, vendors, partner carriers, people) and budgets
- Meet company customer satisfaction metrics
- Manage tasks, define goals, design plans, budgets, schedules, milestones, get approvals from department heads
- Design, Generate and distribute reports on project timelines, monitor KPIs and SLAs.
- Design and document project workflows, including sequence and activity diagrams.
- Update all customers regarding project and development milestones
- Manage projects by communicating with OEM and ISV vendors, service providers, customers and internal departments to ensure timely and accurate service delivery
- Communicate progress to internal and external regarding delivery due date, services, billing or other issues
- Manage day-to-day deliverables
- Update project management applications, and databases
- Analyze and evaluate service delivery performance
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree is a HARD (ie non-negotiable) requirement
- 3-5+ years of experience in new product introduction or implementation project management, or similar function at a Network Equipment or software, vendor, OEM or Network Services Provider.
- 3-5 years of experience with Wireline and Wireless network services essential.
- 3-5 years of direct experience in new product development and introduction on one or more of the following technology areas: Mobility, Telematics, IoT, Network Access Devices.
- Some knowledge of mobile device and associated technologies: M2M, MDM, SIM, BYOD, IoT.
- Familiarity with Statements of Work (SOWs), Bills of Materials (BOMs) and RFP/RFI/RFQs.
- Project Management Professional (PMP/P.M.P.) certification preferred but not required
- Technical knowledge in WAN and Wireless network services is a plus
- Strong productivity tools skills (MS-Office suite, incl. Visio, Excel, MS Outlook, and Word)
- Excellent presentations skills for periodic customer progress conferences.
- Excellent documentation skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong time management skills
- US Citizen or Green Card holders only