Broadcast Project Manager- Virtual Office, US
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual, Unified Communications and Broadcast Integration services is seeking a skilled Project Manager to join its team. This group is one of the leading broadcast and digital signage solution integrators in the country. The Broadcast Project Manager will collaborate with customers, sales teams, and support teams to ensure that projects are delivered on time, within budget, and meet customer needs and expectations.
This position is a remote virtual-office based role, with 10-15% travel to client sites.
Strong preference for candidates in the Central and Eastern time zones.
This firm does not offer relocation, or work visa support.
No contractors or H1bs please.
- Develop plans for project development, delivery/scheduling, and resources
- Identify and allocate resources required for projects as needed
- Provide customers and management staus updates at consistent intervals
- Determine project objectives and priorities, manage expectations, and assign and review work
- Serve as the main point of contact for the customer regarding project deliverables
- Receive customer sign off on key project life cycle stages, including project closure
- Serve as the main point of contact and oversee subcontractors and their services
- Ensure all aspects of project are compliant with our client's documented project management methodology
- Account for project schedule, project results, in addition to meeting all customer neeeds and the quality of
- Manage the development and implementation of project control strategies such as:
- Action Register
- Change Control
- Communications Plan
- Issues Tracking
- Project Plan
- Risk Analysis and Contingency Plan
- Project Closure Documentation
- Review, resolve, and document changes with customers and management
- Ensure projects are within the scope of projected financials
- Ensure customer project manager uderstand all project tasks, schedules and deliverables
- Manage customer responsibilities and expectations
- Assist other Project Managers as appropriate, ensuring optimum use of available resources
- Implement initiatives to optimize the Project Management process
- Introduce programs inline with our client's standards for training and continuous professional development
- Assist in proposal development and pricing estimates as necessary
- Collaborate with Sales, Support, and Services teams to ensure all customer needs are met
- Assist Account Managers, as necessary, with developing customer relationships
- Mentor junior and less experienced Project Managers
- Serve as a resource for questions regarding project management processes and procedures
Education, Experience, and Requirements:
- Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or progress towards a PMP strongly preferred.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 5-7+ years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
- Technical knowledge of several of the following required: broadcast, production, network, IPTV, digital media, digital asset management, streaming media (audio & video) and IT applications.
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred.
- Qualified candidate will have 5 years experience in digital media systems engineering (broadcast, digital video, streaming video, audiovisual systems, presentations systems and videoconferencing, as well as networking and storage systems for video content distribution)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working for a system design and integration, engineering, manufacturer or broadcasting firm.
- Strong preference for design & build, consulting firm experience versus equipment vendor background.
- Demonstrated skills in communication and customer needs analysis.
- Demonstrated skills with drawing and project management programs such as AutoCAD, Revit, Visio.
- Computer skills proficiency including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Electrical Engineering or Electronics background helpful.
- Low-Voltage contracting helpful.
- Proven leadership skills with excellent analysis and problem solving skills.