Project Coordinator - Audiovisual - Metro NY-NJ
Our client, a leading provider of specialized audiovisual, videoconferencing and UC solutions is seeking a AV Project Coordinator from the Greater NYC Area. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with AV/UC systems, and in designing solutions for corporate environments and/or high end residential projects (i.e. apartment buildings).
This role IS NOT 100% WFH, and will require regular regional office presence and customer site presence
The Audiovisual Project Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the development & review of project plans to ensure projects are completed on time and to customer standards.
This is an administrative position, liaising between PMO and Project Managers. Also coordinating third parties such as: electrical engineers, architects, and subcontracting teams
- Coordination of collaboration and AV/VTC projects from planning to execution/post deployment review
- Support Project Managers to achieve the team's objectives & goals
- Must be capable of organizing and communicating third party engineers and/or external subcontractors working on customer sites. Brief technicians in person when appropriate.
- Working with Installation Managers on closed tickets to ensure technicians met or exceeded expectations, reporting any customer satisfaction issues as needed.
- Recording details on completed installation orders to assist with invoice generation process. Working with technicians to ensure that all documentation/reporting deliverables are available to customer as required per the contract or SOW.
- Providing support for field personnel (such as phone numbers, directions, customer info, etc.).
Education and Experience
- AA or BS in relevant discipline or equivalent experience required, advanced degree preferred
- Understanding of some of the following technologies: Structured Cabling, Electronic Security, Audiovisual, and Sound Masking
- Demonstrated ability to manage project scope change and billing within a for-profit environment
- Experience with using project tracking and risk management tools
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrated by the ability to lead client and internal teams through the duration of the project
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including scheduling, budgeting, record-keeping, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with managing customer relationships and communications
- Ability to develop clear, concise documentation