Professional Services Engineer – Virtual Office, East Coast
Our client, a leading developer of Virtualization, Container and Cloud Infrastructure solutions is seeking several Professional Services Engineers for the purposes of implementation, configuration, customer training and optimization. This is a virtual office position requiring 25-40% regional and national travel to customer and partner sites, as well as occasional trips to the firm’s European HQ.
Strong preference for candidates on the US East Coast, preferably within one-hour commute from a major metro airport. The ideal candidate will be someone who is customer oriented, comfortable in a variety settings (data center, boardroom.
Locations such as NY-NJ, Northern Virginia, MD, PA, MA, are preferred but not required. Qualified Candidates from other locations in the US are encourage to apply for this or future roles, as the hiring firm will be adding more positions in various US regions.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF TRAVEL, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TO OUR OTHER OPENINGS.
This position requires knowledge of Microsoft and Citrix server management tools and terminal services such as: SCCM, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO), MS Azure, AppSense Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) as well as Software Packaging tools (ThinApp or AppV), Containers, and IP Networks. Knowledge of various areas of Cybersecurity (Network, Server, Applications) desired.
The role requires excellent hands-on troubleshooting skills, particularly with tools such as SysInternals, etc.
Experience conducting admin and user training seminars, client and prospect presentations is very helpful.
- Work with customers and subject matter experts, to obtain necessary information to aid customers in their decision-making process.
- Installation, training and presenting of firm's products or services to customers and partner staff.
- Product support: handle customer problems and inquiries. Troubleshoot issues when necessary.
- Business needs assessment of customer requirements,
- Technical needs assessment of customer requirements.
- Translate requirements into technical solution for delivery.
- Become the subject matter expert of the firm’s and competitors’ products.
- Lead discussion with customers and internal teams.
- Develop plans for projects utilizing the firm’s standards and methodology
- Preparation of systems architecture and solutions for customer final approval
- Produce necessary deliverables
- Assisting the sales team in developing deliverables and seek out other project opportunities.
Education, Experience and Skills requirements:
- Must Have strong Microsoft Systems Administration and Citrix technical skills. Certifications helpful.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related studies is helpful, not required.
- 5-10+ years of experience in working in a customer facing role (i.e.: technical consultant, product support, sales engineer)
- This position requires knowledge of Microsoft and Citrix server management tools and terminal services such as: SCCM, Active Directory (AD), Group Policy Objects (GPO), MS Azure, AppSense Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) as well as Software Packaging tools (ThinApp or AppV), Containers, and IP Networks. Knowledge of various areas of Cybersecurity (Network, Server, Applications) desired.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in training customers with technical products
- Solid networking skills and the ability to troubleshoot TCP/IP networks
- Strong character. Self-motivated, challenge-oriented, organized, attention to detail.