Post-Sales Engineer - AV/IT - Greater NYC Metro region
Our client, a leading provider of audiovisual and videoconferencing solutions is seeking Post-Sales Engineer for its regional sales office in the Caldwell, NJ area. This is a customer-facing role that will assist customers and technology integration partners in the identification, diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of complex audiovisual, networking and IT issues.
Position requires excellent customer communications skills combined with strong technical knowledge.
- Coordinate and operate a trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Technical Support Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
- Assist in training of Level I and II Technical Support staff, including basic Call Receipt and Troubleshooting.
- Work with managers to ensure proper project handover to GMS from the integration group, including documents, project experience, and business requirements (aka warranties and SLA’s)
- Ensure a high rate of service ticket resolution, turnaround of repairs, T&M quotes and completion of work orders as well as visit reports to the client in a timely manner.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. In lieu of formal education, incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years of directly applicable, progressively responsible experience in a technical environment enabling the learning of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 3-5 Years in one or more of the following functions within an Audiovisual technology vendor or reseller, IT Vendor, Network Services Provider, VAR or Systems Integrator: Technical Support, Customer Service, Field Service, Technical Operations, Help Desk or Professional Services.
- Troubleshooting protocols for all equipment and other vendors’ products.
- Superb customer service skills in a call center environment, especially when dealing with difficult users.
- Ability to guide caller through troubleshooting protocol, using common, easily understood, terms
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual, Digital Signage, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, Managed Services offerings.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Extron, Crestron, Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, ClearOne, Biamp, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Vendor training or certification from Crestron (Or Extron) highly desirable.