Onsite AV Support Technician - Audiovisual - Greater Boston Area
Our client, a leading Audiovisual Systems Integrator, is currently seeking an Onsite AV Support Technician with strong customer-facing abilities. This candidate will support all audiovisual needs and end-user technologies for the company's enterprise client based in the Greater Boston Area.
This position is an onsite support role servicing the company's major client in Greater Boston. Normal hours are 7:00 am - 4:00 PM.
Excellent customer communications skills combined with strong AV technical background required. This is NOT a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop or other IT issues. This position REQUIRES in-depth knowledge of AV technologies.
- Provide maintenance support for A/V equipment, such as microphones, projectors, lighting control, ATC hardware.
- Program and /or troubleshoot A/V equipment
- Install or replace equipment, with knowledge of A/V integration
- Operate a trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 3-5 years in an onsite client service role
- Knowledge of Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment
- CTS certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills