Onsite AV Support Engineer - Audiovisual - Greater Boston Area
Our client, a leading Audiovisual Systems Integrator, is currently seeking an Onsite AV Support Engineer who will support all audiovisual needs, executive level events, and end-user technologies for a client based in the Greater Boston Area.
This position is an onsite support role servicing the company's major client in greater Boston. Normal hours are 7:00 am - 4:00 PM, but flexible schedule must be kept to meet demands of events
Excellent customer communications skills combined with strong AV technical background required. This is NOT a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop or other IT issues. This position REQUIRES in-depth knowledge of AV technologies.
- Provide Audiovisual support for executive events, webcasts, and VTC meetings
- Coordinate scheduling for AV events, set up and test all equipment
- Operate a trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 3-5 years in an onsite client service role
- Knowledge of Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment
- CTS certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills