Network Program Manager, RCDD - QUEENS, NY
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual, IT Infrastructure, Security and Unified Communication Services, is seeking a Data Center Design Engineer, RCDD - Queens, NY, handling Program Management activities for a major Transportation client. Work site is in Queens, NY, 5 days per week. Competitive compensation and bonus.
This is a customer facing position with a high focus on quality control, managing complex infrastructures, and building relationships to achieve maximum efficiency and quality.
- Manage the upgrade and refresh of large complex mission critical infrastructures, including structured cabling, network systems, and related power and physical systems.
- Monitor the performance and meet standards, regulations, and compliances
- Maintain high quality of customer satisfaction and service by ensuring quality control
- Ensure all staff are fully equipped with any information or knowledge that is required for their tasks
- Manage and create detailed budget and schedules
- Create estimates for complex projects and identify ways to cut costs
- Manage and supervise multiple contractors and partners as well as other third party consultants
- Develop Methods of Procedures and Standard Operating Procedures
- Work cross functionally to design how to best implement the system infrastructures
- Manage the bidding process and payment processes
- Develop a close relationship with carrier, suppliers, customers, and clients to ensure quality of services
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- 8-10+ years of Project Management experience, preferably with extensive projects in the structured cabling industry. Experience in Data Center and Network Infrastructure refresh projects preferred.
- Experience with commissioning and testing of complex infrastructures
- BICSI RCDD Certification preferred.
- BICSI "NTS" Network Transport Systems Designer certification helpful, but not required.
Computer program experience with MS office products
- Experience in using AutoCAD, Revit, MS Project and MS Excel preferred.
- Experience in managing contractors and vendors
- Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills and the ability to communicate on all levels
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner. Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Strong negotiating and influencing ability
- Excellent in resolving disputes and conflicts in a well constructive manner
- Demonstrated the ability to be innovative and creative