Manager of Support Services
Our client, a leading provider of Wireless Internet Services for consumers and business , is seeking a Manager of Support Services, based in the NY-NJ region. This role is open to partial-WFH, but candidates should be within a reasonable commute from NYC.
No relocation or work visa assistance provided.
Scope of Role
The Manager of Support Services will be responsible for managing a team of Customer Support Specialists who handle all aspects of customer installation, product support and technical availability. This is a “Player-Coach” role, requiring occasional Tier 3 level support skills including working on chronic or major outages. Candidates must be up-to-date on installation, configuration and troubleshooting of current network technology. This is in an excellent opportunity for the right candidate who wants to make the leap into Management from a Senior Staff – Individual Contributor – Team Leader role.
- Manage the delivery of all service and product offerings, as well as work with clients and partners to resolve major incident response and resolution efforts.
- Recruit, train, retain, motivate and evaluate a team of Customer Support Specialists, who handle the installation, testing, and troubleshooting of network and customer equipment.
- Function as player-coach for customer support efforts, partner relationships and service engagements, expediting any issues and breaking all process bottlenecks.
- Focus on relentless improvement of delivery process, systems, personnel and training, in order to drive customer satisfaction, retention and new revenue.
- Train, mentor and coach the Customer Support team to accomplish their job criteria, including but not limited to in-house company technical and professional training, as well as personal development
- Develop and implement metrics/measurements for the department
- Focus on customer satisfaction, relationships and service levels
- Develop and execute employee recruiting, retention, training and quality strategies
- Delegation, directing others, task prioritization and follow up, motivating others, negotiating, planning, time management, managing vision and purpose
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
This role requires strong skills in three specific domains.
- Technical Domain Knowledge: Networks: Telco/WAN, WIFI, VoIP, VLAN, VPNs, CPE, Access Points, Routers, Security.
- Customer Service & Communications: Strong drive for customer satisfaction via delivering strong results and excellent problem resolution.
- Management of Teams: Recruit, Manage, Motivate, Train, Coach, technical staff
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required.
- Technical certifications in the abovementioned domains helpful.
- Strong preference for candidates with 3-5+ years of Management experience with direct responsibility for a 24/7/365 Security Operations Center (SOC), Network Operations Center (NOC) in a Managed Security Services Provider (MSSP), Managed Services Provider (MSP), Security Incident Management team or similar role with a technology vendor or end user firm. Energetic, Ambitious and Effective leadership qualities a must.
- Excellent background in design, implementation, training and use of management tools, such as CRM, KPIs, dashboards and pipeline reports
- Ambitious, hard-working, goal oriented, team player and enthusiastic
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills required