Lead Installer, AV Integration - Bloomington, MN
Our client is a leading provider of AV Integration and is seeking a Lead Installer to service enterprise clients in the Twin Cities, MN Region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
- Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
- Perform new product testing.
- Responsible for supervising a team of installers and insuring that installed product and equipment performs to industry standards
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication, analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Candidates must have prior experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation
- Candidates must be proficient in the programming of products such as Crestron and AMX
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual Equipment, Videoconfering Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
- Cisco, Tandberg or Polycom certifications helpful
- Must be knowledgeable in the use and integration of AV equipment, as well as in the installation of said equipment.
- Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications
- Experience with circuit switched and packet data technologies such as ISDN, T1, T3, ATM, Frame Relay and high speed serial such as V. 35, RS-449
- IP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols
- Win 2000 and IIS
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Knowledge of the entire H. 32X suite of standards;
- Experience with messaging and videoconferencing systems
- Usual PC proficiency – Win 98, MacOS, Win2000/NT, UNIX/Linux, MS Office).
- Cisco certifications strongly preferred: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer (MCSE) preferred but not required.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
- In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.