Field Technician – Internet Access – New York, NY
Our client, a networks services provider, is seeking a strong Field Technician for its Metro NY-NJ region.
This position will handle all installations, testing and troubleshooting of network services and customer premise equipment at client sites in the NYC Five Borough region. This is a full-time, direct-hire role. Candidates must be willing to work in Manhattan five days per week, and travel to work locations via mass transit.
- Provide installation and provisioning for Fiber Optic, Ethernet, IP Network and WIFI equipment.
- Test network equipment to ensure that they meet the specifications, protocols and regulations.
- Utilize various test sets: OTDR, VFL , etc.
- Ensure quality installation of equipment on site; sufficient power supplies, fiber cables, cooling and circulation, etc.
- Document and report all records of work and defects to the operations and engineering department.
- Ensure all labels and tags meet the engineering diagrams.
- Troubleshoot problems / issues while assisting the NOC and customers.
- Provide customer support with any technical difficulties.
- Experience with Telecom infrastructure, design and networking.
- Experience with Fiber Optic, Ethernet, IP Networks
- 2-4+ years of experience installing, provisioning and performing maintenance of network equipment.
- Experience in testing and assessing networking and telecom equipment.
- Strong customer service focus: excellent communications skills required.
- Flexibility on work shifts and customer locations.
- Must be physically able to lift 75 lbs., climb ladders, work in confined spaces
- Must be familiar with hand and power tools, structured cabling, racking, mounting.
- Must have current and clean Driver’s License.
All candidates subject to pre-employment background and motor vehicle records checks.