Field Service Tech - Audiovisual - NYC
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual systems and solutions, is seeking an experienced Audiovisual Field Service Technician from the Greater NYC Area to service enterprise clients in the region. The ideal candidate will combine technical AV knowledge with leadership and customer-facing abilities.
Position requires some presence onsite at an enterprise client location in NYC as well as regional travel to other project sites
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Provide Break-fix of AV equipment for Enterprise Clients onsite
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving, and complete Project Engineer’s field punch lists to client acceptance.
- Load and Troubleshoot Crestron and AMX code as well as DSP files such as Biamp
- Perform field service calls as required for warranty support of completed projects
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
- Train end-user on functions of the system
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Detail-oriented and collaborative team player
- Exposure to AV/VTC solutions
- AVIXA CTS or CTS-I as well as industry certifications such as Crestron DMC-E-4K and/or Biamp, Tesira highly desirable
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read construction & CAD drawings
- Ability to comprehend signal flow of audiovisual system schematics
- Familiarity with multimeters and other electronic test meters