Onsite AV Support Technician - Audiovisual - NY/NJ Metro Area
Our client, a leading Audiovisual Systems Integrator, is currently seeking an Onsite AV Support Technician with strong customer-facing abilities. This candidate will support all audiovisual needs and end-user technologies for the company's enterprise client based in the NY / NJ Metro Area.
Excellent customer communications skills combined with strong AV technical background required. This is NOT a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop or other IT issues. This position REQUIRES in-depth knowledge of AV technologies.
- Provide maintenance support for A/V equipment, such as microphones, projectors, lighting control, ATC hardware.
- Program and /or troubleshoot A/V equipment
- Install or replace equipment, with knowledge of A/V integration
- Operate a trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 3-5 years in an onsite client service role
- Knowledge of Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment
- CTS certification preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills