Technical Operations Manager – AV Rentals - Hollywood, Florida
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual rental equipment and office supplies, is seeking a Technical Operations Manager for its regional sales office near Hollywood, FL. This role will involve managing the daily activities and workflows of the company’s AV event services business.
Role will require presence in local sales office, as well as some offsite presence at client locations as required.
- Direct supervision of teams. Coordinating weekly status meetings for with technicians, scheduling and time keeping
- Ensuring all equipment and services are delivered on time.
- This is a senior leader role that gets deep into details of technical issues or personnel situations to drive to solution.
- Assist teams with reviewing and defining job scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Communicate general project expectations to team members and clients as required.
- Provide oversight to teams of AV technicians with knowledge of general requirements of a wide range of audio and video equipment including: audio mixers, microphones, projectors, lightings, computers, routers.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel within each team.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams that may not only be on the project or technical in nature, but also with internal personnel.
- Develop and deliver internal resource allocation, labor accrual, project completion, progress reports and requirements to management on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors; must be able to influence them to take positive action as well as accountability for their assigned work to reduce skill set fragmentation.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and client accounts such as recognizing opportunities to do more business or sales with the firm.
- Minimum of High School Diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferable.
- Must have 4 + years experience in Audio visual industry
- Customer service or hospitality experience highly desirable
- At least 2 years in a supervisory role
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized and able to multitask.