Director of Business Development, Information Security – Virtual
Our client, a leading provider of security integration and managed services in the PKI, Key Management, Secure Payments and Encryption sectors, is seeking a Director of Business Development to join its high-performing sales team. This is a virtual role and candidates can be located within one hour of a major US Metro airport.
- Find, qualify, and engage new strategic sales opportunities
- Simultaneously manage multiple key opportunities and track key performance indicators
- Working with Engineering and Customer Solutions teams, develop and present winning proposals, RFPs, and proofs of concept in a highly-competitive marketplace.
- Work with technology vendor partners to develop service offerings, share leads and develop joint proposals and sales opportunities.
- Develop, design and implement solutions involving multiple security products and integration with other vendor solutions
- Analyze and communicate customer requirements, new business opportunities and competitive threats to guide our client's marketing and product development
- Develop and execute a sales plan designed to ensure the creation of new opportunities and a consistent, high-quality pipeline to support quota attainment
- Present to customers (including development staff, CXOs, analysts, and partners) information concerning the technical and business benefits of our client’s security solution
- Use market knowledge, analytical skills, evangelism, product knowledge and outstanding communication and presentation skills to sell our client's offerings to prospects and customers
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5-7+ years in a revenue-generating role, such as Sales, Channel Sales or Business Development, in the Information Security market.
- Excellent sales presence. Must work with multiple stakeholders including sales, marketing, SEs, product development, Pro Services, as well as customers, and partners.
- Strong knowledge in Network and Information Security, particularly Identity Management, Microsoft Security Certificates (ADCS), Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), secure payments, authentication, encryption, cryptography, Data Protection, Digital Signatures, DLP, cloud security and others technical domains.
- Knowledge of Networking and Security infrastructure devices and applications (e.g. firewalls, IPS/IDS, VPN, IP Networking, etc.) helpful.
- Knowledge of PKI and Encryption market players essential. Prior experience with RSA, Gemalto, Thales E Sec, nCipher, Vormetric, PGP, Symantec, McAfee and others highly desired.
- Ability to drive RFP/RFI process.
- Strong writing and project management skills. This position handles proposals, pricing, POCs, and presentations
- Proven success in presenting and selling solutions in high-pressure environments.
- Ability to understand and solve complex technical challenges.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written skills are required