Director of Business Development, Channels and DMR - AV Products
Our client, a leading manufacturer of Audiovisual devices is seeking an experienced Director of Business Development to grow its US-based Distribution & Reseller network.
Scope of Role
- Grow North American network of Channel resellers and distributors
- Drive revenue growth through securing distribution via major DMRs
- Responsible for P&L of North American BU.
- Work closely with NA GM and Global CEO on strategic initiatives and corporate development
Negotiate and executive distribution agreements with leading NA distributors "DMRs")
Work with channel partners and distributors to promote the firm’s Audiovisual product lines.
In collaboration with NA GM and Global CEO, create NA sales plans, including targets, tactics, schedules, metrics, KPIs and dashboards.
Design, create and execute Demand Generation and Channel Marketing programs, content and distribution.
Design, create and execute effective channel partner programs, including training, enablement channel partner training and channel sales enablement.
Work with stakeholders to improve supply chain management.
Optimize CRM adoption, enablement and best practices.
Work with Inside Sales team to maximize opportunities, partner and customer satisfaction
Experience, Education and Skills Requirements:
Candidates must be currently eligible o=to work for any employer in this US
AND currently resident in the US. No work Visa or relocation assistance offered.
Regular Travel throughout the United States to meet with partners, distributors and customers required. Regular attendance at industry events such as Infocomm, Enterprise Connect and ISE required.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- 8-10 years of experience working for a technology or device vendor in the audiovisual, AV/IT or “ProAV” technology market required.
- 6-8 years of experience in a revenue development role, preferably developing indirect revenue streams via distribution, e-commerce and/or VAR/SI channel partnerships.
- Candidates should have extensive experience with roles with revenue responsibility (“bag-carrying”, “Quota-carrying”) such as sales management, Channel Management, Channel Marketing or similar role in Indirect/channel/Distribution sales business models.
- Connect: Possess and cultivate an Extensive personal network of contacts in (Pro)AV markets; VARs, VADs, DMRs and display manufacturers and other relevant (pro) AV hardware vendors.
- Direct experience with some (not all!) DMRs essential: CDW, Softchoice, SHI, Insight, MicroAge, Connection.
- Communicate: Ability to articulate a value proposition.
- Support: Assist and direct company and partner Technical support teams for business acquisition, including development of technology messaging/demos, and alignment of product strategy.
- Influence: Act as "Voice of the Firm" by attending and participating at industry events through presentations, speaking engagements, panel engagements and other trade show activities.