Director of AV Engineering - Braintree, MA
Our client, a leading provider in AV systems and solutions, is currently seeking an experienced Director of AV Engineering for its office in the Metro Boston Area.
Position requires presence in local sales office, and some corporate travel (20-30%)
- Recruit, train, retain, motivate and evaluate a team of Sales Engineers in local sales office and remotely; continually seeking innovative solutions for improving team effectiveness
- Provide portfolio reports and forecasts to AV Team Managers.
- Manage and support the sales engineering team through direct client interaction, evoking confidence in the company's solutions and platform
- Build partnerships with stakeholders and regional teams to increase adoption of standards
- Ensure that all Pre-Sales Engineers trained at a level that allows them to accomplish their job criteria, including but not limited to in-house company technical and professional training, as well as personal development.
- Work with Territorial Sales Managers to ensure their pre-sales objectives are met, by ensuring the technical skill level is available for sales presentations and product demonstrations, as well be responsible for making certain that forecast objectives are met.
- Attend sales visits to ensure pre-sales team member proficiency Manage Territorial Schedules for optimum utilization of resources.
- Stays abreast of the all the latest audiovisual industry trends, new integration designs and applications, and enterprise solutions and relays to sales engineering and operations teams while always putting emphasis on outstanding customer experience
- Delegation, directing others, task prioritization and follow up, motivating others, negotiating, planning, time management, managing vision and purpose.
- Attends trade shows, conferences and networking events in the assigned region as the company representative.
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Relevant Technical Degree (BS) or Higher
- Infocomm CTS, CTS-D Preferred
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principals of engineering that apply to Audiovisual technologies and IT Infrastructure
- 5+ years of on-site supervision, leadership, and resource management
- Strong customer service and organizational skills with multi tasking ability
- Detailed-oriented, self-starter, self-motivated, meticulous, strong follow up skills