Director Technical Operations - Braintree, MA
Our client, a leading provider in AV systems and solutions, is currently seeking an experienced Director of Technical Operations for its offices in the Greater Boston Metro Area.
Position requires presence in local sales office and possible corporate travel (15-25%).
Director of Technical Operations your main responsibility is to provide leadership and direction to the firm’s Project Management, Installation, and Programming teams. This position will have the responsibility to plan, execute and finalize within post sales (Project Management, Installation & Programming) projects teams according to strict deadlines.
- Coordinating departmental weekly status meetings for project managers, installers and programmers.
- Direct and manage through teams all client projects from sales handoff to project signoff.
- Assist teams with reviewing and defining project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Communicate general project expectations to team members and clients as required.
- Provide oversight of multiple installation team’s with knowledge of installation requirements of a wide range of video conferencing and integrated audio and video equipment into corporate boardrooms and meeting rooms.
- Liaise with team members, clients and contractors on an ongoing basis as required from client projects and team escalations.
- Estimate and track the resources and labor needed to achieve overall project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants and make the appropriate recruitments if necessary during project cycle and annual backlog requirements.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel within each team.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams that may not only be on the project or technical in nature, but also with internal personnel.
- Develop and deliver internal resource allocation, labor accrual, project completion, progress reports and requirements to management on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors; must be able to influence them to take positive action as well as accountability for their assigned work to reduce skill set fragmentation.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project and client accounts such as recognizing opportunities to do more business or sales with the firm.
- This is a senior leader role that gets deep into details of technical issues or personnel situations to drive to solution.
- ERP reporting - labor comparison experience, project completion target reports.
- Proven experience in strategically anticipating and remote monitoring of strategic and on-going projects
- Departmental Standard Operating Procedures creation and updates - Document standardization
- Departmental meetings, staff reviews, recruitment and administrative duties to include MBOs reviews, performance reviews, labor reports, costing reports, etc.
- Oversee existing and implement new process enhancements in reducing overall installation timelines, reducing installation cost by implementing efficiencies safely while delivering high-quality projects.
- Assume responsibilities for internal and client escalations from project management, installation and programming teams.
- Display managerial ability via leadership, supervisory experience, and administration
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience in that AV industry as a project manager leading multiple projects; experience in a similar position outside of AV will be considered
- Must be able to manage several teams with of 3-15 people and department lead or manager on them overseeing solutions that span several geographic areas and disciplines.
- Proven track record of fostering a culture of sharing and mentorship based on industry best practices and methods.
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Must be organized and able to multitask.
- Must have good business acumen and commercial understanding of business profitability
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high pressure environment
- Microsoft Office suite experience is a must including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and AutoCAD.
- College degree preferred. BS in Computer Science, Project Management or other Business related or technical degree.
- In lieu of a four-year college degree, equivalent and progressive experience will be considered.