Director of Project Management - Telecoms Provider
Scope of Role
Our client, a leading Technology Managed Services firm is seeking a Director of Project Management for its Mid-Hudson Valley, New York State location. This role involves creating and leading the Project Management team for the Market Growth and Network Deployment group, including hiring the team, as well as choosing and implementing the systems, technologies, and processes, that will drive the firm successful market growth.
Central to the success of the team will be managing metrics, KPIs, dashboards, reporting tools, as well analyzing and implementing continuous process improvements.
This role will be in based in the Mid-Hudson Valley in New York State. Regular in-office presence, local and regional travel to client and network sites is required.
This is an onsite role involving management of the company's warehouse in Kingston, NY
This is not a virtual EFH role. If you cannot fulfill this requirement, we encourage you to apply to our other openings.
- Director of Project Management will provide leadership and direction to the firm’s Project Management, Field Operations and Installation teams. This individual will manage the PMO to realize efficiencies and improve project execution. The Director of PMO will be responsible for developing data-driven decision making capabilities within the PMO, and building the appropriate feedback loops to drive systemic change that produces measurable results.
- Define, organize and lead the PMO
- Coordinating departmental weekly status meetings for project managers, installers and programmers.
- Direct and manage through teams all client projects from sales handoff to project signoff.
- Assist teams with reviewing and defining project scope, goals, and deliverables that support business goals.
- Communicate general project expectations to team members and clients as required.
- Liaise with team members, clients and contractors on an ongoing basis as required from client projects and team escalations.
- Estimate and track the resources and labor needed to achieve overall project goals.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel within each team.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project teams that may not only be on the project or technical in nature, but also with internal personnel.
- Develop and deliver internal resource allocation, labor accrual, project completion, progress reports and requirements to management on a weekly or monthly basis.
- Coach, mentor, motivate, and supervise project team members and contractors.
- Departmental Standard Operating Procedures creation and updates - Document standardization
- Oversee existing and implement new process enhancements in reducing overall installation timelines, reducing installation cost by implementing efficiencies safely while delivering high-quality projects.
- Develop and maintain a single standardized delivery framework
- Create a standard set of tools and templates
- Document PMO policies and procedures
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Must have 7-10 years’ experience in the Telecommunications industry as a leader of project managers leading multiple projects strongly preferred.
- Must have experience working within a Telecoms provider (‘carrier”, “telco”, “service provider”)
- Strong preference for network deployment / network growth for a Service Provider
- Knowledge of Fiber and Copper networks mandatory. FOTS, FTTH, DWDM, PON, GPON, OSP and ISP Construction strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Cable MSO networks helpful: HFC / CATV Design
- 8+ years of experience working in project management, change management and process improvement
- College degree preferred. BS in Computer Science, Project Management or other Business related or technical degree.
- In lieu of a four-year college degree, equivalent and progressive experience will be considered.
- PMP certification is a significant advantage
- Must be able to manage teams of 6-10 people overseeing solutions that span several geographic areas and disciplines.
- Proven track record of fostering a culture of sharing and mentorship based on industry best practices and methods.
- Proven experience in strategically anticipating and remote monitoring of strategic and on-going projects
- Highly knowledgeable about structured delivery and quality improvement best practices
- Experience in creating delivery frameworks
- Experience in tracking project financials – estimation, budgeting, tracking, cost containment, project P&L reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Must have good business acumen and commercial understanding of business profitability
- Microsoft Office suite experience is a must including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project and AutoCAD.