Our client, a provider of Audiovisual, Conferencing and Broadcast Integration Services, is seeking a Designer/ CAD Specialist for its offices located in the Greater Providence, RI Area.
This position REQUIRES strong AutoCAD skills
If you cannot meet this requirement, we encourage you to apply to our other openings.
Scope of Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating engineering designs for client sites for the purpose of building AV/VTC facilities for Conferencing, Training and Collaboration. No two rooms are the same, so a Cad Operator with Architecture/Interior Design Background is preferred.
Concentration of responsibilities will be in space planning, creation of design documents, AutoCAD Drawing packages, project schedules, and other project-related processes.
- Manage, create, edit, update and distribute project-related drawings, documents and databases.
- Interact with multiple client, third-party and internal stakeholders, including sales engineers, project manager, technical operations, design consultants.
- Prepare engineering drawing packages, including physical and network infrastructure plans.
- Work with architects, building contractors and construction trades, including MEP, HVAC, Low-Voltage and structured cabling vendors.
- Develop plans, budgets and processes for the physical engineering of sites
- Work directly with customers and contractors through phone, email and site surveys to gather information required to accurately documenting the location of network, display and mounting equipment.
- Develop and enforce project systems, standards and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Expert-level experience with AutoCAD
- 3-5 years’ experience in AutoCAD design in support of architecture, interior design, electrical or MEP engineering OR technology projects in the AV/IT, Videoconferencing, Streaming Video or VOD markets strongly desired.
- Experience working with Architectural and Engineering drawings, 2D layouts essential 3D layouts a plus.
- Experience working with General Contractors, Architects, MEP and HVAC contractors.
- Microsoft Office productivity suite skills required.