Scope of Role
Our client, a leading Technology Managed Services firm is seeking a Controller for its Mid-Hudson Valley, New York State location. This role i reports to the CFO , and supports the Finance, Operations leaders, as well as interacts with outside consultants, institutions, investors and accountancy firms.
Our Client is looking for an organized, detailed and resourceful Controller to oversee accounting at a fast-growing Broadband company. This high-growth position will work under the leadership of and report directly to the CFO, and will be responsible for general accounting, FP&A, planning and budgeting, integrated financial planning, management and performance reporting, and forecasting and modeling, tax and regulatory filings, interaction with a variety of supporting organizations, a number of special projects and analytics for the entire company and its affiliates.
The Controller must be able to work independently, supervise others, enjoy troubleshooting and exhibit strong communication skills. The Controller must have excellent operational accounting experience and knowledge, demonstrated reporting and analysis experience with full commentary and actionable insights, and a proven history of establishing and driving process improvements.
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a technology-focused organization and be excited about working in a fast paced and early stage environment where flexibility and creativity will be required.
- Partner with the CFO to build an accounting and financial infrastructure.
- Experience consolidating overall financial statements
- Provide leadership, analysis and comprehensive management of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual all financial information for the company; this includes performing the following key tasks and responsibilities:
- Reporting: Generate consolidated financial statements and company KPIs
- Bookkeeping: coding transactions, reconciling bank statements
- Operations: track and depreciate assets, manage relationship with bank and coordinate wires
- Budgeting: implement policies and controls for spending money around a budget from CFO and track budgeted vs actuals
- Forecasting: Maintaining pro forma financial statements and cash flow forecasts
- Tax: Book to Tax analysis and reconciliations
- Analytics: monitor and report on revenue and expense trends
- Establish, challenge and improve the company's existing financial operations and processes with a focus on efficiency and scalability
- Provide timely support, analysis and guidance to all ad hoc corporate needs
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, masters preferred
- 8+ years senior level accounting experience in a multi-entity organization
- Experience in general ledger accounting such as cash, fixed assets, other accruals, prepaids, opex and revenue
- Outstanding knowledge and understanding of GAAP compliance and reporting
- Experience working with external auditors, internal controls and compliance-related issues
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Ability to figure out the nuances of revenue recognition and see how the details of the transactions roll up to the financial picture of the organization.
- Must have worked in accounting/financial ambiguity and define the gaps/implement new processes and procedures for the organization
- High level of confidentiality
- Ability to think, act, and communicate professionally, proactively, and strategically
- Commitment to training and developing their accounting team
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Experience managing the People Operations (HR) function a plus
- Experience working at a startup company a plus
- Experience working in technology company a plus