Channel Sales Engineer – Information Security – Virtual Office
Our client, a leading vendor of Information Security Technology, is seeking a Channel Sales Engineer. This is a virtual office role, requiring regular travel to partners, clients and trade shows. Candidates can be located anywhere in the US, within one hour of a major metro airport.
Scope of Role
The responsibilities of the Channel Sales Engineer will include technical enablement, training and business growth, within the hiring firm’s channel partners. Working closely with the Channel Sales Managers, the Channel SE will help support the partner plan to expand the Channel revenue program, in order to drive revenue and build market share.
- As a trusted adviser to our partners and channels, this person will help develop business plans aligned to shared business goals.
- Build deep, consultative relationship with Channel Partners and contacts to understand customer/partner high-level business objectives and match these to solutions to satisfy both the business and technical requirements of the partner practice and the customer challenges.
- Work closely with Partners to develop and deliver solutions to their customers.
- Provide pre-sales technical support to partners.
- Assist in POC process and develop responses to customer RFPs, RFIs and initial architecture discussions.
- Deliver onsite and remote product and solution presentations.
- Provide on the job training for partner SEs by allowing partner SE to shadow presentations and evaluation installations.
- Travel to on-site meetings with Channel partners and end customers, attend trade shows
Education, Experience and Skills requirements
- Sales Engineering or similar background in a successful, high profile firm.
- Strong background in working with Channel partners: resellers, VAR/SIs, distributors to developer and close business, train partner sales and technical teams.
- A BS in computer science, engineering, a related discipline or equivalent experience is required.
- 5+ years previous Pre-Sales Systems Engineering or other Customer-facing technical role for a IT Vendor (preferably Security, Software, Networks, Telecom) is necessary.
- Ambitious, hard-working, goal oriented, team player and enthusiastic.
- Strong presentation skills required
- Travel requirements up to 30%, mainly to trade shows, as well as customer and reseller sites.
Knowledge of several (not ALL!) of the following technical domains:
- Strong REST API experience
- Strong Web Application development experience
- Applications, Web and/or network security, or similar solutions.