Cable Design Engineer, RCDD - Greater Philadelphia
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual, IT Infrastructure, and Acoustical Design Services, is seeking a Cable Design Engineer located in the Greater Philadelphia region.
This position requires technical knowledge of low voltage cable, IT infrastructure, and/or datacenter and facilities design.
Some travel to client and partner sites may be required for the position (25%).
- Assemble all engineering documentation related to build out
- Responsible for technology room design and infrastructure drawings
- Design cable infrastructure, cabinet layouts, distribution frames and patching facilities
- General Technology Room Design and Build
- Maintain current knowledge of power and HVAC standards
- Experience with estimating, design and engineering of cabling projects along with procuring materials
- Develop Methods of Procedures and Standard Operating Procedure
- Work cross functionally to design how to best implement the system infrastructures
- Act as primary contact between client and other team members, as required.
- Prepare relevant documentation to include proposals based on site surveys, meeting minutes, weekly status reports and punch lists
Education, Qualifications, and Experience
- 5 + years of design experience, preferably with extensive projects in the structured cabling industry
- Bachelors Degree (BS/BA) required
- Experience in using AutoCAD required
- BICSI RCDD certification preferred
- Strong time management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner. Ability to work as a team as well as independently
- Knowledge of cable manufacturers and components
- Good understanding of connectivity for voice and data technologies
- Strong knowledge of BICSI industry cable standards and standards