Our client, a leading provider in high end residential AV systems and solutions, is seeking a Audiovisual Service Tech - to service high end residential clients in the Greater NYC-NJ area . The ideal candidate will combine technical AV knowledge with leadership and customer-facing abilities. Position requires some presence in local sales office and travel to client sites.
The firm's clientele is highly-demanding and expect the highest level of service and professionalism in manners, dress and punctuality.
- Install equipment AV equipment in High End residential environment. Including: speakers, TV’s, lighting control, shades, networks, phone systems
- Understand how networks, AV systems, light, shades and HVAC are integrated and interrelate.
- Rack fabrication and buildout of AV equipment and networking gear
- Properly label and dress all cabling
- Terminate all audio, video and control connections according to drawings
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving, and complete Project Manager's field punch lists to client acceptance.
- Installing and troubleshooting DSP code systems.
- Perform field service calls as required for warranty support of completed projects
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
- Develop and deliver project documentation to map progress
- Train customers on functions of the system
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Detail-oriented and collaborative team player
- Exposure to AV/VTC solutions
- Knowledge of Crestron highly desired.
- Knowledge of Control4, AMX a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read construction & CAD drawings
- Ability to comprehend signal flow of audiovisual system schematics
- Familiarity with multimeters and other electronic test meters
- Audiovisual industry certification desired, but not required (CEDIA residential installer, InfoComm International CTS or CTS-I)