Centreville, VA 20120 US
Lead AV Technician - Residential - DMV Region
Our client, a leading provider in residential AV systems and solutions, is seeking an experienced Audiovisual Service Tech - to service high-end residential clients in the DMV region. The ideal candidate will combine technical AV knowledge with leadership and customer-facing abilities. The position requires some presence in the local office and travel to client sites.
The firm's clientele expects the highest level of service and professionalism in manners, dress and punctuality.
• Install equipment AV equipment in High End residential environment. Including: speakers, TV’s, lighting control, shades, networks, phone systems
• Understand how networks, AV systems, light, shades and HVAC are integrated and interrelate.
• Rack fabrication and buildout of AV equipment and networking gear
• Properly label and dress all cabling
• Terminate all audio, video and control connections according to drawings
• Perform troubleshooting, problem-solving, and complete Project Manager's field punch lists to client acceptance.
• Installing and troubleshooting DSP code systems.
• Perform field service calls as required for warranty support of completed projects
• Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
• Develop and deliver project documentation to map progress
• Train customers on the functions of the system
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
• Detail-oriented and collaborative team player
• Exposure to AV/VTC solutions
• Knowledge of Crestron highly desired.
• Knowledge of Control4, AMX a plus.
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to read construction & CAD drawings
• Ability to comprehend signal flow of audiovisual system schematics
• Familiarity with multimeters and other electronic test meters
• Audiovisual industry certification desired, but not required (CEDIA residential installer, InfoComm International CTS or CTS-I)
Candidate must be eligible to work for any employer in the US, as the hiring firm currently does not offer VISA support.
Current and clean Driver's License is required,