Audiovisual Project Engineer, AV Systems
Our client, a leading provider in AV systems and solutions, is seeking a AV AutoCAD / Project Engineer in the Los Angeles region. The ideal candidate will work with the Technical Operations Manager of the AV Services business unit to handle design, equipment ordering, logistics, resources to ensure the success of Audiovisual Integrations projects. The positions requires the ability to both work independently and oversee responsibilities.
This role covers clients in the City of Los Angeles and requires occasional on-site presence at customer locations. This is NOT A 100% WFH position, but candidates from the region as far North as Bakersfield are encouraged to apply
- Oversee the design, planning, implementation, and resources required to successfully deliver AV/VTC projects
- Projects include: components of display, audio, and control systems including, but not limited to: displays, projectors, screens, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switches, mixers, DSP's or microphones
- Work with AutoCAD to create, edit, and manage designs, signal flow diagrams, schematics as needed
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Sales, Installation, and Management teams, as well as the client
- Schedule and hold team meetings on a consistent basis
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
- Develop and maintain project documentation to map progress
- Perform site surveys and communicate all the necessary information to successfully engineer and design solutions
- Evaluate and ensure all installations maintain best practice and our client's standards
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred NOT REQUIRED
- 3+ years experience with relevant AV technologies a must.
- CTS/CTSi certification helpful
- Ability to comply with legal safety codes, industry standards, and customer specifications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Current and clean driver's license.