Audio Visual Specialist: Meetings & Events
Our client, a leading provider of Audiovisual services for the Meetings & Events market, is currently seeking an Onsite Audio Visual Specialist for a metro Boston location.
This role supports events at a venue in Boston and REQUIRES regular onsite presence to manage and support the on-site and streaming technology stack for client events.
This is NOT a WFH role and cannot be performed remotely. If you cannot fulfill this require, we encourage to register at our job board, apply to other roles and set up job agents.
Audio Visual technical background is required. This is NOT a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop or other IT issues. This position REQUIRES in-depth knowledge of Audio Visual technologies.
- Work with customers and sales team to plan and prepare AVL technical solutions for Meetings & Events
- Arrange for rental equipment when required. Pricing, delivery, returns.
- Operate and Monitor AVL gear during Meetings & Events when necessary
- Prepare, configure and troubleshoot AVL equipment
- Provide maintenance support for AVL equipment, such as microphones, projectors, lighting control, hardware.
- Install or replace equipment, with knowledge of AVL integration
- Work with CRM and trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 2-3 years in an onsite AV client service role, preferably in the Hospitality sector or with an Enterprise, Government or Educational firm.
- Experience in the hotel, sporting venues, exhibition/convention centers, meeting space, theater sectors helpful.
- Knowledge of Audio, Video, Lighting, required, including:
- Cabling, lighting, mixing, microphones, speakers, Video displays (LED, OLED) projectors, monitors, streaming
- Familiar with other trades: Pipe & Drape, Gaff/Grip
- Some direct knowledge of Crestron, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment helpful.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or Google productivity suites preferred.
- Some CRM knowledge preferred
- Customer focus: Must be skilled in dealing with demanding, knowledge customers.
- Operates well under time constraints.
- Excellent communication skills: strong team player. Professional appearance and bearing.
- Candidates must be located with reasonable daily commuting distance or have current plans to relocate to the local region.