AV Site Supervisor/ Lead Technician – Central NJ
Our client, a leading systems integrator of audiovisual and videoconferencing systems, is actively seeking an experienced AV Site Supervisor/ Lead Technician who will travel and support all of their clients in the territory. The position requires some time in the office as well as travel to client/customer sites around the Monmouth County, NJ Area.
- Responsible for supervising a team of installers and insuring that installed product and equipment performs to industry standards
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company products and services
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor products and services and of emerging trends in the conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Provide input to development of new products, modification of existing products and termination of ineffective products
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Using a consultative style, advise customers on how to best utilize company products
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
- Perform as equipment and technology specialist for the company and OEM products
- Perform new product testing.
- Load Programming code and DSP files and make modifications if need be in coordination with a remote programmer
- Excellent communication, analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, and observing deadlines.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Candidates must have prior experience completing technical installation of audiovisual systems, including equipment rack fabrication, site preparation, termination and calibration of audio and video equipment, and implementation
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired.
- Infocomm CTS, CTS-I Preferred
- Certifications from Crestron, Biamp, Infocomm, and/or OSHA strongly preferred
- In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Detailed-oriented, self-starter, self-motivated, meticulous, strong follow up skills