Audiovisual Project Engineer, AV Systems - Los Angeles region
Our client, a leading provider in AV systems and solutions, is seeking a Project Engineer in the Los Angeles region. The ideal candidate will integrate technical knowledge with leadership skills. The positions requires the ability to both work independently and oversee responsibilities.
This role covers clients in the City of Los Angeles and requires frequent on-site presence at customer locations. This is NOT WFH position.
- Oversee the planning, implementation, testing, and resources required to successfully close AV/VTC projects
- Lead the installation of components of display, audio, and control systems including, but not limited to: displays, projectors, screens, speakers, amplifiers, audio/video switches, mixers, DSP's or microphones
- Setup structured cabling with appropriate wire termination
- Implement engineering software to comprehend, edit, or create designs and schematics as needed
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with Sales, Installation, and Management teams, as well as the client
- Schedule and hold team meetings on a consistent basis
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
- Develop and maintain project documentation to map progress
- Perform site surveys and communicate all the necessary information to successfully engineer and design solutions
- Evaluate and ensure all installations maintain best practice and our client's standards
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- 4-year college degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred NOT REQUIRED
- 3+ years experience with relevant technologies and field implementation
- CTS/CTSi certification preferred
- Ability to comply with legal safety codes, industry standards, and customer specifications
- Exposure to AV/VTC manufacturing; OEM certification a plus
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Current and clean driver's license.