AV Installer - Residential - DMV region
Our client, a leading provider in high-end residential AV systems and solutions, is seeking an AV Installer to service enterprise clients in DMV region. The ideal candidate will combine technical AV knowledge with leadership and customer-facing abilities. The position requires some presence in the sales office and travel to client sites.
Candidate must be eligible to work for any employer in the US, as the hiring firm currently does not offer VIA support.
A current and clean Driver's License is required,
- Install equipment AV equipment in High end residential environment. Including: speakers, TV’s, lighting control, shades, networks, phone systems
- Understand how networks, AV systems, light, shades and HVAC are integrated and interrelate
- Rack fabrication and buildout of AV equipment and networking gear
- Properly label and dress all cabling
- Terminate all audio, video and control connections according to drawings
- Perform troubleshooting, problem solving, and complete Project Manager's field punch lists to client acceptance.
- Load and Troubleshoot Code
- Perform field service calls as required for warranty support of completed projects
- Serve as a point of contact for clients and ensure all needs are met
- Develop and deliver project documentation to map progress
- Train customers on functions of the system
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
Candidates should have 3-5 years of direct experience in some of the following products and services: Residential audiovisual, lighting, Shades, home automation, CCTV, access control, low voltage electrical, cabling, WLAN, and Broadband Internet services. Candidates should be familiar with some of the leading brands in the sector such as Crestron. Lutron, Extron, QSC, Control4, Sonos, Bose, and others. Knowledge of cloud technologies including smart speakers (Alexa, Siri) helpful but not required.
- Detail-oriented and collaborative team player
- Exposure to AV/VTC solutions
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to read construction & CAD drawings
- Ability to comprehend signal flow of audiovisual system schematics
- Familiarity with multimeters and other electronic test meters
- Audiovisual industry certification desired, but not required (CEDIA residential installer, InfoComm International CTS or CTS-I)