AV TECHNICIAN - NY/NJ REGION
Our client, a leading provider in audiovisual systems and solutions, is seeking an AV TECHNICIAN to service Enterprise customers in the NYC region.
Candidates can be located in the region, and must be willing to travel to customer sites within the assigned territory.
- Field Engineer will act as a Project Engineer or Commissioning Engineer, working at client sites on final configurations, audio tuning, code updates, user/admin training and similar duties preparing for final handoff to customers.
- Write, debug, modify DSP files (QSC, Biamp or other DSP/Audio vendors)
- Load, test, debug, troubleshoot control systems code, working with Crestron control systems programming team.
- Test, install, and configure the audiovisual/videoconferencing equipment, microphones, AV racks, speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, lighting, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards
- Interpret system drawings for technical tasks
- Evaluate and ensure all installations maintain best practice and our client's standards
- Analyze and resolve all technical escalations
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Some college, HS Diploma or Associates degree helpful.
- 5-7+ years experience with relevant field implementation
- Must be comfortable with audiovisual cables, routers, and connectors
- Knowledge of Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Extron, Atlona, and VTC equipment
- Thorough knowledge of structural, equipment, and safety requirements and considerations.
- Certifications from Crestron, QSC, Biamp or other DSP/Audio vendor preferred
- AVIXA Certifications such as CTS or CTS-I helpful
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to function both independently and within a team