AV Field Engineer, Audiovisual – Fall River, MA
Our client, a leading provider in specialized audiovisual systems and solutions, is seeking an AV Field Engineer based near Fall River, MA. This candidate will be serving the company's enterprise clients in New England.
This role requires extensive regional and national travel up to 70% to customer and partner sites.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF TRAVEL, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TO OUR OTHER OPENINGS.
This position involves the installation of advanced audiovisual systems including: Video Walls, Large Format Displays (LFD’s), and Crestron Control Systems. AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS or CTS-I) and experience with LED, Barco/Christie projectors and Crestron are preferable.
- Test, install, and configure the following audiovisual/videoconferencing equipment, microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, sound and mixing boards
- Interpret system drawings for technical tasks
- Conduct crimp, solder, and fiber cable terminations
- Evaluate and ensure all installations maintain best practice and our client's standards
- Test remote control system programs at client sites
- Prepare/stage systems for Quality Control (QC) Testing (as applicable)
- Test and install the following mounted equipment
- Wall mounted monitors
- Ceiling mounted projectors
- Projection screens
- Wall mounted AV connection plates
- Additional duties will be integrated with existing responsibilities over time
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with relevant field implementation
- Must be comfortable with audiovisual cables, routers, and connectors
- Knowledge of Crestron, AMX, Biamp, Extron, Polycom & Cisco equipment
- Thorough knowledge of structural, equipment, and safety requirements and considerations
- Certifications from Crestron, Biamp, Infocomm, and/or OSHA strongly preferred
- AVIXA Certifications such as CTS or CTS-I helpful
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to function both independently and within a team