AV Control Systems Programmer - Greater Boston Area
Our client, a leading provider in specialized audiovisual systems and solutions with offices in New England, is seeking a Control Systems Programmer preferably from the Greater Boston area. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience with AV systems and gained relevant certifications in Crestron.
This position is virtual office with some regional and national travel to customer and partner sites, as well as occasional trips to the firm’s HQ.
This position involves creating code for advanced control and audiovisual systems. Crestron certifications are REQUIRED. AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS or CTS-I) and experience with manufacturer equipment such Crestron, AMX, Extron and/or Biamp are preferred.
- Program, load, troubleshoot and update software to optimize system performance, in addition to ease of access for non-technical users
- Analyze and ensure security and integrity of all systems and data
- Provide technical assistance and resolve related issues for users and personnel
- Collaborate with internal assets and support team to ensure customer needs are met
- Develop and implement system recovery protocols in the event of destruction of all or part of the system or components
- Analyze, test, and implement of system and software, ensuring operating system compatibility
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- BS/BA - computer science, computer systems engineering, or related field
- At least 3 years of recent experience as Crestron & AMX Programmer
- Crestron Master level Programmer & AMX ACE certifications preferred
- Creston DMC-E required
- CTS or CTS-I strongly preferred
- Keen ability to install, troubleshoot and maintain Crestron & AMX electronic systems
- Experience installing and testing code onsite
- System design and engineering experience required
- Experience working with clients in a professional manner
- Must be able to effectively explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills – clear, direct, detailed.
- Independent work ethic highly motivated to getting a job done right
- Must have an interest and aptitude for wiring, hook-up and installation techniques
- Clean DMV record