AutoCAD Specialist - Project Planner
Our client, a provider of Audiovisual, Conferencing and Collaboration Integration and Managed Services, is seeking an AutoCAD Specialist - Project Planner.
This position is located in Central New Jersey region, virtual office/WFH for the present, but will require some in-person presence in the Monmouth county office "when things open up."
This position REQUIRES technical drawing skills, preferably with AutoCAD, Revit, LucidCharts, Visio or other BIM platform
Scope of Role
The successful candidate will be responsible for creating engineering designs for client sites for the purpose of building AV/VTC facilities for Conferencing, Training and Collaboration.
Duties includes assisting in the survey, planning and implementation of projects, and working with clients and other stakeholders, including third parties in associated partner firms, such as architectural, structural, MEP, HVAC, Low-Voltage Electric, Structured cabling, mounting and cable conduit systems.
Concentration of responsibilities will be in space planning, creation of design documents, AutoCAD Drawing packages, project schedules, Revit updates, and other project-related processes.
- Manage, create, edit, update and distribute project-related drawings, documents and databases.
- Interact with multiple client, third-party and internal stakeholders, including sales engineers, project manager, technical operations, design consultants.
- Conduct site surveys, gather site-specific installation requirements, and resolve conflicts between versions.
- Prepare engineering drawing packages, including physical and network infrastructure plans.
- Work with architects, building contractors and construction trades, including MEP, HVAC, Low-Voltage and structured cabling vendors.
- Develop plans, budgets and processes for the physical engineering of sites
- Work directly with customers and contractors through phone, email and site surveys to gather information required to accurately documenting the location of network, display and mounting equipment.
- Develop and enforce project systems, standards and procedures.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required.
- This position REQUIRES technical drawing skills, preferably with AutoCAD, Revit, LucidCharts, Visio or other BIM platform
- 1-2 + years’ experience in project management and technical drawing & design in support of technology projects in the AV/IT, Videoconferencing, Streaming Video or VOD markets.
- Experience working with Architectural and Engineering drawings, 2D layouts essential 3D layouts a plus.
- 2-3 years of experience in a customer-facing role in Project Management, Project Planning or Architecture/Construction.
- Experience working with General Contractors, Architects, MEP and HVAC contractors.
- Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office productivity suite skills a must.