Broadcast Field Engineer - Greater Dallas/ Fort Worth
Our client, a leading integrator of audiovisual, videoconferencing and
broadcast systems, is seeking a Broadcast Field Engineer in the Greater Dallas/ Fort Worth Area to service its Enterprise customers internationally.
This is a virtual office position requiring 60-70% national travel to customer and partner sites, as well as occasional trips to the firm’s HQ in the Midwest.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREPARED FOR THIS LEVEL OF TRAVEL, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TO OUR OTHER OPENINGS.
This position involves technical installation and troubleshooting advanced Broadcast and AV systems. AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS or CTS-I) certification is preferred.
- Pull and terminate audio and control cabling
- Review Cable Pull Schedule
- Test, install, and configure all Broadcast and IT systems
- Program and troubleshoot all Broadcast equipment including routers, switchers and mixers.
- Communicate with clients, Project Managers, Sales and Design Engineers as needed through all phases of the project lifecycle.
- Review and interpret CAD designs, must be proactive and recommend any necessary changes to designs to tailor the system to the client's specific needs
- Elicit proposals from subcontractors to our client
- Lead teams of technicians, delegate work tasks, and set an example by demonstrating excellent work ethic.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements:
- Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree preferred, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience in Broadcast or AV field implementation
- Must be comfortable with audiovisual cables, routers, and connectors
- Thorough knowledge of structural, equipment, and safety requirements and considerations
- Certifications from Crestron, Biamp, Infocomm, and/or OSHA strongly preferred
- AVIXA Certifications such as CTS or CTS-I helpful
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Valid driver's license required
- Ability to function both independently and within a team