VP Sales North America, Software & Services, Customer Experience
Our client is a venture-backed AI startup delivering game-changing technology for Customer Engagement to Global Multinational brands in the Telecoms, Utilities and Consumer products verticals. Leveraging success with referenceable accounts with Major Telecoms and cable television service providers in Europe, this firm is seeking a VP Sales Americas to lead the expansion of their US-based sales organization.
The VP Sales North America will sell, build and lead a team of sales representatives and sales engineers in the penetration, closing and delivery of world class customer support products, and managed services, including AI-assisted, video driven contact center agent and self-service technology.
This is a classic Player-Coach role. This person must “Lead from the Front”, to drive revenue growth by closing complex sales with targeted accounts in the preferred verticals.
This is an executive level management position, responsible for all aspects of revenue generation within the territory, including customer acquisition, account management; hiring, motivation, and management of sales representatives; liaison with internal departments, and outside vendors to ensure customer satisfaction.
- The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for managing the sales cycle (account planning, sales execution, pipeline/funnel management) and providing accurate reporting and forecasts to executive management.
- Responsible for recruiting, management, training and motivation of Enterprise and Service Provider sales teams, as well as sales engineering and sales operations staff.
- In-depth understanding of client business drivers, strategy and buying cycles.
- Manage Sales Team performance against Monthly and Quarterly targets.
- Responsible for collection, analysis and presentation of sales reports.
- Negotiate commercial terms on behalf of the company with sophisticated customer base
- Develop and manage Account Planning/Review Process
- Collaborate with Client Stakeholders, Internal Departments and Third-parties (channel partners, consultants, etc.)
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree. Exceptional candidates without a degree will be considered.
- MBA helpful, but not required.
- Self-starter with experience and desire to acquire new business.
- Adept at prospecting, funnel management and closing business.
- 7+ years of Sales Management with a strong preference of sales achievement.
- Experience closing large software applications deployments to the Customer Support Contact Center market preferred.
5-7+ years Selling directly to Telecommunications/Cables Service Providers and Global Enterprises such Consumer Electronics manufacturers, Insurance companies etc. with direct mission critical consumer care needs
- 10+ years of consistent sales success within the Customer Experience (“CX”) vertical, including some (not all!) of the following:
- Contact Center applications, including CRM, Trouble Ticketing, Big Data, Analytics.
- Multi-Channel/Omni-Channel customer support platforms, including voice, chat, text, video.
- Call Recording/ Call Logging
- Infrastructure: Cloud IaaS, Hosting, VoIP, IP telephony, PBX, Unified Communications.
- Extensive experience in the recruitment, training, management, motivation of skilled Account Executives.
- Previous selling experience should include a focus on the full range of prospecting, selling and closing.
- Must have the ability to prospect, sell and close at multiple levels.
- Strong quantitative skills, required for accurate sales pipeline/ sales funnel management, as well as financial reporting to management and internal departments.
- Strong experience in sales management and sales training, preferably one or more of the following: Miller-Heiman, Solutions Selling, Targeted Account Selling (TAS) or similar structured sales methodology.
- Proven track record managing high-performing remote sales teams
- Experience of managing C-level relationships