Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer, Audiovisual - Northern NJ
Our client is a leading global provider of digital retail experiences including digital signage, content creation, management and distribution systems, located in Northern New Jersey. They are currently looking for several Tier 2 Technical Support Engineers for their Technical Assistance Center.
This is a customer-facing role that will assist customers and technology integration partners in the identification, diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution of complex audiovisual, networking and IT issues.
Excellent customer communications skills combined with strong technical.
This is NOT a Help Desk or Customer Support role handling calls for Network, Desktop or other IT issues. This position REQUIRES in-depth knowledge of AV technologies. If you do not have demonstrated depth in the installation, support and troubleshooting of AV products (Extron, Crestron, etc.) please apply to one of our other openings.
Respond to customer trouble reports called in to the 800 Customer Service Center.
- Coordinate and operate a trouble ticket system designed to identify customer service issues.
- Provide remote diagnostics and take corrective action.
- Track repeat problems and provide feedback (reports) to the Technical Service Manager and Product Manager.
- Identify recurring problems that may require escalation to the Lead Technical Support Engineers, or design changes and develop test plan to produce a resolution.
- Coordinate firm’s internal resources to ensure that hardware and software faults are resolved to customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with other vendors’ equipment in the direction of specialization and certification.
- Assist in training of Level I Technical Support staff, including basic Call Receipt and Troubleshooting.
Education, Experience and Skills Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. In lieu of formal education, incumbent must have a minimum of 5 years of directly applicable, progressively responsible experience in a technical environment enabling the learning of the requisite knowledge, skills and abilities.
- 3-5 Years in one or more of the following functions within an Audiovisual technology vendor or reseller, IT Vendor, Network Services Provider, VAR or Systems Integrator: Technical Support, Customer Service, Field Service, Technical Operations, Help Desk or Professional Services.
- Troubleshooting protocols for all equipment and other vendors’ products.
- Superb customer service skills in a call center environment, especially when dealing with difficult users.
- Ability to guide caller through troubleshooting protocol, using common, easily understood, terms
- Technical knowledge of 3 of more of the following required: Audiovisual, Digital Signage, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, Managed Services offerings.
- Solid problem solving and consultative skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: Extron, Crestron, Polycom, cisco, Tandberg, LifeSize, AMX, ClearOne, Biamp, Barco, Christie Digital.
- Vendor training or certification from Extron (or Crestron) highly desirable.
- Extron AV Associate
- Extron Control Specialist
- Extron Control Professional
- Extron Authorized Programmer
- Extron ProDSP Specialist
- Extron XTP Systems Design Engineer
- Extron XTP Systems Technician