Sales Engineer Unified Communications, Stamford.
Our client, a leading systems integrator of unified communications, videoconferencing, IT and Security systems, is seeking a Sales Engineer, located in the Connecticut region, handling Enterprise accounts. Position requires up to 40% travel within the Northeast region.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for all aspects of sales support for the Enterprise Sales team.
- Field all pre-sales technical issues, and direct customer interaction for the entire life cycle of a sale.
- In conjunction with sales team, develop and deliver sales presentations, pricing, RFP/RFI/RFQ responses and product demonstrations.
- Develop technical solutions to clients’ business problems.
- Collaborate with client, internal and partner teams to plan implementation and user training to drive client’s ROI.
- Participate in sales forecasting and planning
- Maintain a current expert knowledge of the company's products and services
- Maintain a working knowledge of major and emerging technology vendors’ products and services and of emerging trends in the UC, videoconferencing, audio conferencing and collaboration industry as a whole
- Make sales contacts, research customer needs and develop application of product and services in an effective manner.
- Initiate sales proposals
- Develop and maintain communications with all levels of staff and customers, ranging from line managers to corporate presidents
- Manage assigned sales budget
- Meet established sales goals.
- Provide technical consultancy to augment the sales effort for company and client demonstrations, as well as advising customers on how best to utilize company products
- Manage technical relationships between the company and reseller/distributors
- Design end-to-end networks for the deployment of video, voice and data
- Assist clients with feasibility studies, equipment budgets, systems requirements and specifications
Education, Experience and Skills
- 8-10 years in the design, integration and delivery of unified communications, videoconferencing, audioconferencing and collaboration systems.
- 5-7 year experience in a sales or sales support role, or in a high-customer-touch post-sales technical delivery role, such as project manager, technical account manager or solutions architect. Candidates with End User experience will be considered and must have excellent presentation skills.
- Bachelor degree in electrical, computer or telecommunications engineering desired. In the absence of a formal degree, 7 years of progressively responsible, directly applicable experience in which incumbent learned to perform the requirements of the position may be substituted.
- Certifications from cisco, Tandberg, Avaya or Polycom.
- Cisco certifications preferred: CCNA, CCDA, CCNP
- Working knowledge of the concepts and principles of sales, marketing, proposal development, customer service
- Project management concepts and principles.
- Demonstrated technical writing responses and formal documentation in a written and graphic format
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Public speaking and presentation abilities, with a focus on presenting technical information to those with a non-technical background, including excellent active listening skills
- Work effectively across cross-functional lines, in coordination with others involved in marketing, sales, logistics, technical services
- Manage projects, including setting objectives, budgeting and observing deadlines.
- Outstanding people skills, High ethical standards and work ethic, and solid communications skills.
- Must be able to present technical and non-technical information clearly and in a compelling manner.
- Unified Communications and Videoconferencing Endpoints, Network Equipment, Network Services, Hardware, Software, and Managed Services offerings.
- Knowledge of some of the following manufacturers' equipment strongly preferred: cisco, Avaya, Polycom, Radvision,Vidyo,Tandberg, LifeSize,
- Experience with project development design and documentation experience is preferred.
- Networking (IP, WAN) and security expertise
- Knowledge of IP Networking, including routing protocols and VoIP, SIP, H.323, videoconferencing applications, IIP, Cisco IOS, switching and routing protocols (TCP, MGCP, HTTP, UDP, RTP, HTTPS)
- Knowledge of more than one operating systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, UNIX
- Design experience with emerging technologies, such as VOIP
- Knowledge of the H.32X suite of standards;
- Experience with messaging, presence, and videoconferencing systems